Friday 29 July 2011

Vintage Toledo Cocktail Swords with Gold Stand

















The other day I found a Toldeo cocktail stand with Toledo swords, never seen one before although I vaguley recall seeing something similar when I used to visit my aunt as a child. I remember playing with the tiny swords and it was nice to take a trip down 'memory' lane whilst photographing, or should I say 'playing' with the Toledo Coctail swords & stand.

Having read a little about the Toldeo cocktail swords and stands I was amazed to find out that Toledo have been making swords for over 2000 years. The "Toldeo Cocktail Swords" are a little later and started production in the early 50's. I am guessing that the market for actual swords started to wain and so, like a lot of manufacturers this was a way to keep in business.



















The Toledo Coctail swords and stand I have are 'gold' coloured and probably brass, earlier ones were actually made using gold plate. The condition is not too bad, there's a little wear from age but still a nice collectable to add to any collection.

This little set has six Toldeo swords and the detail is very good, the Toledo stand is very ornate with enamelled detailing also.

Since obtaining this set of Toledo Coctail swords and stand I have seen many more for sale on Ebay and other sites. If you would like to purchase my set then please pop along to my online shop, postage is free, well its included in the price and I will post worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment